Potholes can do a lot of damage! Make sure to perform repairs and stay consistent with asphalt maintenance to avoid more serious damages in the future.
1. Asphalt Maintenance Prevents Further Damage
One pothole can do a lot of damage to your entire driveway or parking lot. Here are three things to consider:
- Water is the root cause of potholes.
- Existing potholes let more water get in under the sub-surface of your pavement.
- Repairing a pothole now will prevent the formation of larger potholes and more substantial asphalt pavement damage.
2. Asphalt Maintenance Now Will Reduce Long-Term Repair Costs
It can be tempting to ignore a couple of small potholes, but those small savings will have a big cost in the long run for your business or municipality. Remember, one pothole can lead to another.
- Unrepaired potholes can grow and multiply with ongoing traffic and use, resulting in an even more expensive residential or municipal paving project.
- The small cost of preventative maintenance today will provide you with big savings in the future.
3. Asphalt Maintenance Will Improve Curb Appeal
Many businesses and municipalities want to make improvements to property in the spring as more people get outside.
- What kind of first impression is your business or municipality making with visitors?
- Pothole repair and affordable options such as sealcoating can help you keep your property looking great.